Being a resident of McKinney, staying at a McKinney bed and breakfast doesn’t always cross my mind. Because, you know, I’ve got a bed and a refrigerator right here in my house. But after finding out about McKinney Bed and Breakfast, I’m rethinking it. They offer a few things I don’t have here at home with my laundry, dishes and three children:
- No laundry, dishes or children.
- No long car trip or expensive plane tickets.
- Beautiful, private rooms and baths in a spectacular 19th century home with massive wrap around porches.
- Gourmet breakfast. Seriously, that beer braised brisket is reason enough to check in.
- Number 5 is really the corollary to number 4: I don’t have to cook for myself or anyone else. Why do my children insist on eating every single day?
- A short walk to McKinney’s historic downtown square and all of the great food and shopping it has to offer.
- Owners Vicki and Wayne Hill. They seem a little sassy, and I think I would like to hang out on the porch with them. Not sure they would have the time, because they do it all from preparing breakfast to mowing the lawn to folding the fitted sheets. But I can be charming, so perhaps they can be convinced.
Bud Rogers and I are due for a romantic getaway, and with the crisp fall air on its way, McKinney Bed and Breakfast is just the ticket.
Anybody up for feeding three hungry children while we’re gone?
McKinney Bed and Breakfast:
406 Parker Street
McKinney, TX. 75069
Currently booking 4-6 months in advance on Thursday thru Mondays!